Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many awards are to be given each year?
Every year, a total of 36 awards are to be given to teachers for their innovative use of ICT in teaching-learning and assessment. Since this year, entries are invited for the year 2020 and 2021, so there are a total of 36+36= 72 awards to be given. From 2021 onwards 2 new categories of awards are being introduced i.e. 10 awards for teacher educators and 3 for best practicing states / UTs.
2. Who can apply?
Any school teacher / librarian of Foundational, Preparatory, Middle and Secondary schools working in any recognized school / institution in the Indian Union is eligible to apply. For the year 2021, Teacher educators from of BIETs, DIETs, CTEs, IASEs, SIEMATs, SIEs, SIETs, SCERTs, run by Centre / State Govt / UTs administration and Private Universities can also apply for the award.
3. Can School Head / Principal, teachers engaged in all subject areas such as Games, sports, theater, painting, Physical education also apply?
Yes. School Head / Principal / Physical Trainer, Sports teacher, Librarian can also apply.
4. Since the award is to be given for two years (2020 and 2021), do I need to apply twice?
If you are a teacher, then you can apply for only 2020 or 2021. Teacher educators and best practicing states need to apply only for the year 2021.
5. What is given as award?
Best practicing states will receive a Medal, a commendation certificate and a trophy. Each awardee teacher and teacher educator will get an ICT kit, a Laptop, a medal and a commendation certificate. The awardees will be encouraged to function as mentor (resource persons) for their subject area to motivate and train other teachers. All the awardees will form a community of resource persons through networking.
6. How to apply?
Register yourself on the portal https://ictaward.ncert.gov.in by providing your mobile number or email id and choosing a password. After registration, you can login and apply online by answering different questions on the portal. The portal has the option to upload your work as a pdf file or video also.
7. How to upload video and supporting documents (pdf files) on the portal?
For video the easiest way is to upload your video(s) on YouTube and then provide the YouTube video link on the portal. For documents you can upload your documents on a Google drive and share the Google drive link of your pdf document on the portal.
8. Who can nominate a teacher, teacher educator?
It is a self-nominating award. Any teacher, teacher educator can apply directly by filling the application form online through the web portal before the last date.
9. Who are not eligible for the awards?
Retired teachers, teacher educators who have not served for at least 4months during the calendar year for which the ICT award (2020 or 2021) is to be announced. Teacher or headmasters who have indulged in tuitions, private coaching, contractual teachers and Shiksha Mitras are not eligible for application.
10. What are the evaluation criteria for the applications?
The entries / applications will be evaluated on the evaluation matrix given in detailed guidelines.
11. What happens next after I have nominated myself?
● After the prescribed deadline for self-nomination, the state-level committee headed by Secretary (School Education/SPD- Samagra Shiksha, Director, SCERT, two experts from the field of ICT nominated by Secretary (School Education) will scrutinize all the entries and shortlist the candidates, and forward the same to the Joint Director, Central Institute of Educational Technology (CIET), NCERT, New Delhi-110016 for further action. All successful candidates would be required to make presentations before a jury at the National level.
● The Directorate of Education, with the help of State-level Committee headed by Principal Secretary/Secretary(school Education)/SPD-Samagra Shiksha will scrutinize and forward shortlisted candidates for next level of evaluation.
● For the best practicing States / UTs, entries will be directly evaluated by the Jury constituted at the National level.
12. What are the important dates for this process?
● Opening of the portal for nomination including announcement on website of Ministry and NCERT website : 1st May 2022
● Last date for submission of detailed entries by teachers, teacher educator & Best practicing State/UT from State/UT/organization : 15 August 2022
● National Level Jury Committee Meeting : September 2022
13. Where can I obtain a nomination form?
The application process is available at https://ictaward.ncert.gov.in . The applicant has to register themselves on a web portal welcome.aspx to apply for the award. No physical application form to be filled.
14. After applying online, should I send the hardcopy also?
No. You don’t have to send anything in hardcopy.
15. What are the different sections of the applications that I need to fill to nominate myself?
Upon registering, the applicant has to fill 4 different sections of the application: Primary information, School information, Applicant’s profile and the Objective and Criteria based questions. For successful application all sections are to be filled.
16. Should the application be completed at the same time as registration? Should I answer every question in one go?
No. The application can be completed at different times. The applicant can save the information as and when he/she is uploading them. The next time, the applicant needs to simply login using the username / mobile number and password and can continue where he/she left last time.
17. I forgot my username. How do I login?
One can use their mobile number to login into their application if he / she has forgotten their username.
18. I forgot my password. How do I login?
Yes. The applicant can retrieve their password by providing their User ID/Mobile number.
19. Can I review my application before submission?
Yes, the applicant can review their application before final submission. However after the final submission, the applicant cannot change the information provided by them.
20. Is there an email help-desk for the applicants?
Yes. There is an email help desk. For any support write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.